About my PhD 😊

Hi everyone,
First, I want to present you my blog 😊.
In the context of my PhD work, my program Infrastar, Marie Curie actions, assists us to write frequently a friendly journal about our work or PhD life for our personal development. Oooh yes! With Marie Curie Project, the PhD is not just a lot of articles simulations and experiments, there is more…
What? Mmmm

Traveling around the world with training weeks and obligatory secondments (Berlin (Germany), Lausanne (Switzerland), Paris (France), Krakow (Poland), Alborg (Denmark), I don’t remember the others 😋. The program enables us also to work with people from different countries and to collaborate and share knowledge, culture and experiences. I do not want to give you just good points about this program but the salaries are also high than normal PhDs 😏. 

I have discovered Marie Curie program by luck in ABG (http://www.intelliagence.fr/ ). I wanted to work in civil engineering research; I have searched many different topics until I found this program. The conditions to apply were difficult (hhhh at least for me 😑), it is not just about your resume and cover letter but you should present all your degrees and write at least four pages to explain the topic in which you are interested (12 topics in different countries). To be honest, I was a bit afraid when I saw that I should explain the topic and that the project is European💭💭. I was thinking that even if I write very good introduction and present all the documents, they would not choose me, since I am not European.  However, in the next days I could not stop thinking about the global experience I can have with such kind of PhD ❤ . 
EPFL, Rolex Center, Lausanne Switzerland


Therefore, I start looking for the conditions of preselection: In brief, you should have a master degree or equivalent and choose a topic in a country where you stayed less than one year (funny condition). Besides, the supervisors should not give the position to their students or family (good…).
This transparency motivated me to apply 😊.  
I put all my effort to understand the topic and to write a good presentation. And since I was too motivated to participate in the project, I was too insistent: I write many emails 👀 to ask about the progress of preselection until I was accepted 😌 (I can share all the details with you if you are interested by such a program 😉 )
So, I have started my PhD on the first February 2017 in l’EPFL Lausanne.

I am participating now in a European project called Infrastar (http://infrastar.eu/ ) including 12 participants from 10 different countries (Morocco me😋, Italy, China, Iran, India, Philippines, Lebanon, Russia, Poland and Bangladesh).
The idea behind this program is to develop an international network, to make collaborations between industries and universities, to share free knowledge and to assist PhD students to improve their personal and soft skills.
Dear friends, if you are searching for a Marie Curie PhD whatever the field, you can find the proposition here👉👉: http://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/
Moreover, if you are already doing your PhD, make some time for your self-development, try to convince your supervisor to publish free articles for a free knowledge and do not forget to travel a lot during conferences 😃 .
Wish you good luck 👍.
Imane 


 

Comments

  1. I like the idea of sharing marie curie website, it will be good for people who dont know about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Horror story in Krakow

MSCA projects are life-changing experience. And HERE IS WHY